San Diego, CA July 20, 2015
Facts and Figures on New Pharmaceutical Drugs – Are They Really Safe?
- New prescription drugs have a 1 in 5 chance of causing serious reactions after they’ve been approved
- Doctors recommend not taking new drugs for at least five years
- Even properly prescribed drugs can cause about 1.9 million hospitalizations each year
- 840,000 hospitalized patients are given drugs that cause serious adverse reactions, total of 2.74 million serious adverse drug reactions
- About 128,000 people die from drugs prescribed to them
- Prescription drugs are ranked 4th, with stroke, as a leading cause of death
- The European Commission estimates adverse reactions from prescriptions cause 200,000 deaths
- 80% of prescription drugs are generic
- 170 million Americans take a prescription drug
- Over the past 35 years, it has been found that only 11 to 15 percent of newly approved drugs provide significant advantages for patients
- Between 2002 and 2011, reviews in France, Canada, and the Netherlands found that only 8% of 946 new products were clinically superior, down from 11 to 15 percent in previous decade
Ask yourself if the risk is worth it. Protect yourself, and if you or someone you love has been injured or suffered any side effects – you have the right to compensation for your injuries, we offer a 100% FREE case review. Call us today toll free at 1-800-214-1010 today.